A day will come when the stakes won’t matter as much as what you believe in. I hope you know what it is you believe in before that day comes.
- Ezeonyeka Godswill
What if you knew that I truly would rather not be here?
What if you knew that my knees refuse to be still?
That my pounding heart is the one sound you cannot hear
Would you listen to me still?
What if I told you how unsure I am of this?
That time and chance kidnapped my will and set me up
What if my lines are not yet the truth I want to live?
Would you listen or shut me up?
What if I am confident?
I know what I have put in , I am ready
What if I don’t fit in the box “humility” presents?
Would you be pissed or yet listen to me?
What if I am nothing like what you are expecting
What if you still listened anyways?
What if the content was your hearts longing?
Wouldn’t you be glad you listened anyways?
Sacrifice today for tomorrow because today is actually all you’ve got.
- Ezeonyeka Godswill
If you are in Nigeria and you would like to share your message in the art of spoken word poetry with the world then this platform might just be right for you!
Yes, the call for submissions are open and here are the guidelines;
FOR POETS PER EVENT
1. All prospective entries should be forwarded to the designated email on or before 15th of June 2019.
2. A maximum of two(2) entries will be accepted for evaluation, only one will make it to audition stage and ultimately presentation.
3. All entries should be typed in Word format and attached to an email containing Artists, a). Full names b.) Pen/ Stage name c.)Phone number d). Location e). A short description of yourself ( not more than 3lines).
And sent to: email@example.com
4. Entries containing inappropriate words, profane expressions, pointless hints of violence, sex, rage, revelry and/or general disorderly misconduct will be overlooked immediately.
5. Entries shouldn’t be shorter than 2 minutes and no longer than 5 minutes allocated time for audio presentation.
FOR TOUR POETS
Are you an experienced Christian spoken word poet, able and willing to be a mentor to younger poets?
With regards to our upcoming Tour, anyone who would like to present at all venues will be required to submit the piece they would be performing to firstname.lastname@example.org with the various specifics
– Subject of the mail should indicate that yours is for the Tour
– Your submission should meet all the guidelines of the regular submission
– Submit alongside the written piece, an audio recording of your piece. (Phone recordings will suffice)
– Submission Deadline is 30th April.
There you go!
If you have any problems do contact us and we do look forward to your amazing artistry!
– Chief Editor
For the Penspeak Board
Difference doesn’t always mean opposite.
- Ezeonyeka Godswill (2019)