Karen Kingsbury is an American Christian novelist. She was a sports writer for the Los Angeles Times and later wrote for the Los Angeles Daily News. Her first book,”Missy’s Murder (1991)”, was based on a murder story that she covered in Los Angeles. During this time, she had an article published in “People Magazine”
She has written more than 50 novels, with five co-written, and has nearly 13 million copies of her novels in print. She is the #1 New York Times and USA today best selling novelist with the last dozen books published topping bestseller lists.
She is really good like that!
Some of her novels are being developed into movies by hallmark Films including The Bridge and A Time to Dance which aired in 2015. The 23 book Baxter family novel series is being adapted to a television series. Lightworks Media and Roma Downey have the rights to develop the series.
Kingsbury also does public speaking and through national events she reaches more than 100,000 each year not to mention, Karen Kingsbury co-wrote her first song, “Walls” with Gary Baker and Richie McDonald; it appeared on McDonald’s inspirational album, I Turn to You and hit Christian and Country radio in January 2009. She wrote the song, “Tell Me to Breathe”, that will go on to be included on the upcoming album from Marie Osmond . She also wrote “Miracles Happen”, a Christmas song sung by Richie McDonald which now appears on McDonald’s CD, “If every day could be Christmas”.
She is multi-talented like that!
Karen Kingsbury was born in June 8, 1963 in Fairfax Virginia as the oldest of 5 children. Her family moved around a lot because of her fathers job with IBM. She graduated with a degree in journalism from Cal State University Nothridge in 1986. After she graduated she worked for the Los Angeles Times as a sports writer.
She married her husband on July 23, 1989. They found out they were expecting their first child, Kelsey, on their sixth month anniversary. Their third child, Austin, had a severe heart defect and had heart surgery at three weeks old. They adopted three sons from Haiti which are Sean, Josh and EJ.
Kelsey, her daughter, is an actress and is married to Kyle Kupecky a Christian recording artist and they have a son. Tyler, her second oldest child is becoming a screenwriter and Sean, Austin and EJ are students at Liberty University, while Austin is in high school.
Karen Kingsbury’s father died due to complications from diabetes. She chose to start eating healthier and to cut out sugar and as a result lost 70 pounds between January and November in 2007.
HER WRITING ACHIEVEMENTS
She has authored an impressive number of novels which include
(1) Between Sundays
(2) The Bridge – this was made into a television movie in 2015 shown on The Hallmark Channel
(3) The Chance
(4) Coming Home
(6) Fifteen Minutes
(7) Like Dandelion Dust
(8) Oceans Apart
(9) On Every Side
(10) Shades of Blue
(11) This Side of Heaven (w/ friends from Cody Gunner series)
(13) Where Yesterday Lives
(14) When Joy Came to Stay
(15) Angels Walking series
(16) Angels Walking
(17) Chasing Sunsets
(18) A Brush of Wings
(19) Heart of the Story collection
(20) The Family of Jesus
(21) The Friends of Jesus
(22) One Tuesday Morning
(23) Beyond Tuesday Morning
(24) Remember Tuesday Morning – former title Every Now
The Lost Love series
(25) Even Now
(26) Ever After
(27) Red Gloves series
(28) Gideon’s Gift
(29) Maggie’s Miracle
(30) Sarah’s Song
(31) Hannah’s Hope
Forever Faithful series
(32) Waiting for Morning
(33) A Moment of Weakness
(34) Halfway to Forever
(35) Timeless Love series
(36) A Time to Dance – made into a television movie in May 2016 and shown on The Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel
(37) A Time to Embrace
Cody Gunner series
(38) A Thousand Tomorrows
(39) Just Beyond the Clouds
Redemption series – BAXTER ONE
Firstborn series – BAXTER TWO
Sunrise series – BAXTER THREE
Above the Line series – BAXTER FOUR
(54) Take One
(55) Take Two
(56) Take Three
(57) Take Four
Bailey Flanigan series – BAXTER FIVE
(62) Children’s books
(63) Always Daddy’s Princess
(64) The Brave Young Knight
(65) Far Fluttery
(66) Go Ahead and Dream
(67) Let Me Hold You Longer
(68) Let’s Go On a Mommy Date
(69) Let’s Have a Daddy Day
(70) The Princess and the Three Knights
(71) We Believe In Christmas
(72) Whatever You Grow Up To Be
(73) Forever Young
(74) Be Safe Little Boy
(75) Stay Close Little Girl
(76) Forever My Little Boy
(77) Forever My Little Girl
(78) True crime
(79) Missy’s Murder
(80) The Snake and the Spider
(81) Deadly Pretender: The Double Life of David Miller
(82) Final Vows
(83) The Beginning – prequel to THE BRIDGE
(84) Elizabeth Baxter’s 10 Secrets to a Happy Marriage
(85) I Can Only Imagine
Treasury of Miracles Books
(86) A Treasury of Christmas Miracles
(87) A Treasury of Miracles for Women
(88) A Treasury of Miracles for Teens
(89) A Treasury of Miracles for Friends
(90) A Treasury of Adoption Miracles Devotional
She has also featured in some movies such as:
(1) Like Dandelion Dust (2009)
(2) Gideon’s Gift (September 2015)
(3) The Bridge (December 2015)
(4) A Time to Dance (May 2016)
SOME LESSONS FROM KAREN KINGSBURY
(1) She has the passion to inspire people(of different ages)through her books, movies, songs and speeches; which we should also show forth in our dalily life ( and bring sustained sparks in people’s lives.
(2) She has a helping and faithful heart as shown by the help she rendered by adopting the three Haitian children and by having faith in God concerning her own biological son that came down with a heart disease at the early stages of his life.
(3) She shows excellence and creativity in all her works, which should also be part of our lives especially in whatever field we may be relevant in.
Other lessons are embedded in this biography, so let me not say it all.
Search it out by yourself!
She lives with her family in Tennessee, United States Of America.
(1) New release today
(2) Simon and Schuster
-The Christ A Poet Team Biographies Team
5 thoughts on “KAREN KINGSBURY – A Biography”
Great job, tempting read!
I have just finished my firs Christian Fiction novel, Twiceborn; set in 16th century France at the Palace of Versailles.
Would you kindly visit my website and read the free chapter that is available? I would like to hear your feedback/comments.
Well written. I like the clear structure. At first sight it is easy to follow the main points and the carefully chosen photographs make it nicer. Also, I like the letters in italics showing your enthusiasm for Karen Kingsbury’s multitalents. As a reader one feels involved and it makes you want to know more, to see all the interconnections novels-films-songs-speeches, etc. The final “Search it out by yourself!” really makes me want to do so. Great post!
Thanks so much for your thoughts!
LikeLiked by 1 person
You are welcome.