If you are in Nigeria and you would like to share your message in the art of spoken word poetry with the world then this platform might just be right for you!
Yes, the call for submissions are open and here are the guidelines;
FOR POETS PER EVENT
1. All prospective entries should be forwarded to the designated email on or before 15th of June 2019.
2. A maximum of two(2) entries will be accepted for evaluation, only one will make it to audition stage and ultimately presentation.
3. All entries should be typed in Word format and attached to an email containing Artists, a). Full names b.) Pen/ Stage name c.)Phone number d). Location e). A short description of yourself ( not more than 3lines).
And sent to: email@example.com
4. Entries containing inappropriate words, profane expressions, pointless hints of violence, sex, rage, revelry and/or general disorderly misconduct will be overlooked immediately.
5. Entries shouldn’t be shorter than 2 minutes and no longer than 5 minutes allocated time for audio presentation.
FOR TOUR POETS
Are you an experienced Christian spoken word poet, able and willing to be a mentor to younger poets?
With regards to our upcoming Tour, anyone who would like to present at all venues will be required to submit the piece they would be performing to firstname.lastname@example.org with the various specifics
– Subject of the mail should indicate that yours is for the Tour
– Your submission should meet all the guidelines of the regular submission
– Submit alongside the written piece, an audio recording of your piece. (Phone recordings will suffice)
– Submission Deadline is 30th April.
There you go!
If you have any problems do contact us and we do look forward to your amazing artistry!
– Chief Editor
For the Penspeak Board
As a team of writers we have come quite a long way and God has made it clear, he is only going to take us higher and yet deeper. (call that writer’s humour).
Without further ado, expect more in 2019, expect God in 2019.
More Videos and Audio projects
More and more and more
This year’s Penspeak Event has been themed MANIFEST and oh my it is the set time!
Our vision statement as a team, in Isaiah 61:1-3 said something pretty interesting in the latter end.
“…that they may be called “oaks of righteousness”
This year God has laid it in our hearts to go out and bring in the harvest and announce that there is a harvest. God has commissioned us to do this till as many as would listen will be indeed oaks of righteousness.
We are grateful to all our sponsors and partners. Together we win!
The Harvest is Here!
There are so many ways to tell this story, but looking back now, I am so glad I lived it.
When a man meets a good idea, he knows he is set for a world of benefits but when a man meets a God idea, he knows, it will only take God to accomplish it. Penspeak was borne for the writer and his audience, a time to experience the sweet romance between words and the message they carry, between the dexterity of the pen and the Spirit from which it flows. It is a time envisioned to cause a definite change to birth something new or revive what is dying; One stage, One mic, One Spirit and for those glorious hours, nothing else matters but the truth and it sure does set one free.
Every year it has been a blessing to the team and the audience of Nsukka to see what God can do with what an untrained mind would call “mere words”, yet again in less than a month we are yet to experience much more, inexplicably more what God is set to wrought through this massive vision. To say in specific words what one could expect is to belittle the awe, God is preparing for the expectant heart, so I am going to just say this…
Keep your eyes and ears peeled for details
Cause they are coming…
And when they do, be kind enough to tell a friend, any friend
Because one thing is certain
There is no way any one would leave that hall without a specific blessing